Rewards and Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with a diverse and exciting environment in which to work, encouraging creativity and innovation whilst recognising the need to support ongoing personal development and a flexible work life balance.
Our current benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Local government pension scheme (LGPS)
- Free car parking at our Wat Tyler House campus
- Leisure discounts
- Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
In addition, with our family friendly policies we help you get the most out of your family life by offering the following:
- Flexible working, alongside job share opportunities and term time working
- Parental leave, adoption leave and compassionate leave
- Career breaks
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), for free advice from trained professionals
- Stress management programmes
- A commitment to the health and wellbeing of our employees
Our employees really value the flexibility that we are able to offer (subject to business needs), below are some direct quotes from our staff on the benefits of flexible working for them:
Flexible working is essential for me to maintain my work life balance as sole carer to young children still at School.
It has allowed me to do my job and undertake a professional qualification.
It means a lot to me, as I can avoid rush hour journeys, spend less time on public transport & arrive to work refreshed.
We held our first Employee Awards event in December 2018 at the Steam Museum where our staff were recognised & thanked for their hard work and achievements across the year.
Over 110 employees were nominated for an employee recognition award by their colleagues, shortlisted down to 10.
In total, 57 employees received an award on the night, a mixture of those completing the Future Leaders/Aspiring Leader courses, Apprenticeships, employee recognition and those receiving external awards.
The Employee Awards was such a success, that it will be held annually.