Learning and Development
We understand that getting the best for our residents means getting the best from you- nurturing your talents, encouraging professional development and investing in our leaders of the future.
That’s why we are continually developing our offering to support all areas of the Council through a targeted, innovative way of delivering Learning & Development.
Our specialist internal L&D team design, deliver and continually evaluate the L&D activity to make sure we meet the services needs and offer the best professional development support we can.
If you have the commitment, passion and ambition to help us achieve our vision, we’ll invest the commitment and passion into developing you.
Our Learning & Development programme includes:
- Introduction to Swindon Manager – all managers have an induction into management
- Aspiring Leader programme – anyone who has leadership potential for the future can apply and be given the opportunity to work on a business challenge with an external partner
- Future Leader programme – obtain a ILM level 5 in leadership, 9 month programme in partnership with UWE, including an external coach and mentor
- Apprenticeships at all levels, including degree apprenticeships for new and existing staff
- Access to coaching – a pool of trained internal coaches to work on personal and professional development
- Mentor network – expanding from 2019, opportunities for people to receive a matched mentor to support them in their professional development
Aspiring Leaders programme
Aspiring Leaders presenting to the Organisational Excellence Board
Bristol Business School Flagship Building
Which also hosts the Future Leaders Programme