At Swindon Borough Council we have a clear vision of what we want the future to look like. We are ranked in the top 10 most highly innovative areas in the UK and are seeking to reflect this level of innovation in the way we deliver council services. We want Swindon to be a place that communities are proud to be a part of.
We are currently recruiting to a new post, Advanced Social Worker, Adult Social Care. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of how we re-shape Adult Social Care to meet the ongoing needs of the people of Swindon. Swindon Borough Council offer a range of staff benefits including corporate subscription to RiPFA and opportunities for professional development.
The Intermediate Care Service Team aims to enable individuals to gain or regain skills to help them live independently and recover from crisis or illness. We work closely with our health partners; sharing information and joining up services to avoid duplication wherever possible, to facilitate a safe and timely discharge from the hospital and rehabilitation unit. We work to understand the health and social care needs of individuals and their support network. We seek to use equipment and technology to provide less intrusive and creative, person centred support. In Swindon we are changing the conversation; building a simpler, stronger approach to Adult Social Care, which improves the lives of the people of Swindon. Our aim is to find out what is most important to the individual, to support personalised solutions that promote well-being and independence.
As our Advanced Social Worker you will:
• Have a passion and enthusiasm for Person Centred, Strength Based approaches to social care
• Be able to energise and inform the registered workforce to deliver the Care Act 2014 duties
• Be committed to Community Development and working with non-statutory agencies
• Provide leadership and a professional perspective across organisational and professional boundaries, including health and social care
• Promote quality and consistency of social work practice
• Work closely with the senior Leadership team to support junior staff
What you’ll get in return
• Supervision and support from wider Leadership team
• Wider training and support, including access to mentoring
• 25 days holiday/A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
Candidates must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
For an informal discussion, please contact Rebecca Freeman Rebecca Freeman (RFreeman@swindon.gov.uk) or Clare Deards (CDeards@swindon.gov.uk)
All applications for this position are being handled through NHS Jobs. Please visit the NHS Jobs website for application details. NHS Ref No: L73-A-20-0390