Swindon is bold and ambitious in its plans, with a clear vision and direction for the future. Our status as one of the UK’s fastest growing towns is driving transformational change led by our newly appointed Chief Executive Susie Kemp, through the Swindon Programme.
Join our Transformation Journey as a Consultant Social Worker
Following a difficult OFSTED inspection, lots of learning, consulting and planning we are in the process of transforming Children’s Services to give our highly valued Social Worker teams the tools and support they need to make more of a difference to children in care.
The improvements include:
- Multi-million pound investment into Children’s Services at a time when authorities all over the country are cutting budgets.
- Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams with better supervision, smaller case loads, and more opportunity for CPD
- Developed an exciting learning and development programme based on outcome focused practice, risk assessment, permanency planning and developing supervision skills, to support our Social Workers to be the best they can be.
- New intuitive IT system to cut down on desk time and make mobile working the norm
- A separate Children Looked After team to make sure we provide the best service for children in care.
Your aspirations should be limitless and you will be as determined and passionate about Children’s Services as we are. As a local authority we will continuously drive forward improvements in our services and we want our Social Workers be part of our transformation, contribute to improving the safeguarding of our children, and we will make sure you have the full support network and training to do it.
Our teams are ambitious and proactive and we are looking for people who will share that ambition and be a part of our journey.
Our new offer to you
We recognise that getting the best outcomes for our Children means getting the best from you and we have listened to what our Social Workers most value.
As a result, we are delighted to launch our revised offer, to include:
- £3000 “golden hello” payment after 1 years’ service
- Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years’ service and a further £2000 after 3 years’ service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
- Competitive salaries
- Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
- A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 10 years’ service
- Leisure and Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
- Flexible working
For more information or to arrange an informal chat please contact email@example.com
If you cannot access the role profile please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number and we will email it to you. You can also contact us if you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application.
To apply please send your CV and a covering note, indicating which role you wish to apply for to: email@example.com Please note, you will be asked to complete an application form if you are selected.
View role profile