You will be qualified to:
• City & Guilds 2382 18th edition, BS7671 Edition Regulations
• City & Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection (or equivalent)
• Current ECS Electrical Accreditation
• City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 or equivalent NVQ Level 3
• Hold a full UK driving Licence.
The Job requirements are:
• Perform full test and inspection on all works and the correct completion of NICEIC certification in preparation for supervisor authorisation
• Carry out maintenance duties in accordance with contract specification, technical drawings and 18th Edition requirements
• Diagnose and rectify faults, completing electrical certification
• Be involved in the delivery of any annual work programmes to include smoke alarm installation, CO alarm installation, electrical upgrades, test and inspections and condition surveys
• Carry out partial or complete rewires, first and/or second fix installations
• Operate within the appropriate Health & Safety regulations ensuring the working environment, property and occupants are safe and secure at all times
• Provide day-to-day communication with tenants and/or subcontractors/suppliers
• Take responsibility for the training, progression and management of an accompanying apprentice, ensuring that they follow all required standards, company expectations and that their development is reported for appraisal purposes
• Be responsible for attending jobs on time and maintaining vehicle stock items
• Be responsible for maintaining tool and plant, ensuring all items issued are in date
• Hold a full UK driving Licence and able to drive transit style vehicles
• Participate in out of hours breakdowns and emergency’s ‘On Call Duties’ if SBC require.
The successful candidate will:
• Have completed a recognised apprenticeship
• Have minimum 2 years previous working experience as a fully qualified Electrician on domestic installations, refits and property upgrades within the last 5 years
• Hold the relevant industry qualifications (as listed above)
• Have experience of Test and Inspections
• Have experience in reading and interpreting specifications/drawings
• Be conversant with NICEIC requirements
• Have a willingness to guide and advise
• Have good communication and organisational skills and be able to work in a methodical and calm manner
• Ensure accuracy and pay attention to details
• Be self-motivated and able to work alone without constant supervision, or with an apprentice as required
• Have the ability to use own initiative, but also know when matters need to be referred to a Supervisor or Manager
• Have the ability to work under pressure achieving Client Service Level’s and Key Performance Indicators and to specified deadlines
• Be presentable, wear uniform supplied and able to undertake duties in line with Managements’ recommendations, instructions, company policy, and in accordance with client requirements
• Be competent in the use of data recording and analysing equipment.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
In return the company offers a competitive salary, pension, company vehicle and uniform provided. Training and development and the opportunity to progress for the right individuals.
This role is 37 hours per week, working a four day week pattern: Monday to Thursday, Tuesday to Friday 8.00am to 5:45pm. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (booked in hours @9.25hrs per day).
Swindon Borough Council is passionate about what we do and the service we provide. We pride ourselves on the delivery of quality work and our commitment to developing strong and positive relationships with clients, customers and staff. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View role profile