- Are you passionate about public health, early intervention and offering families the right help at the right time?
- Are you looking for new and exciting challenge to develop your skills and take your career to the next level?
- Do you want to be part of a team that strives for excellence and offers true support to all its members?
If the answer is YES, then we want to hear from you.
Health Visitors are a valued part of our Public Health Nursing Service. They work with children and their families to make healthy lifestyle choices. They lead the Healthy Child Programme and use their professional skills to assess targeted and specialist work.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of people. They will demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills, which underpin a resilient, brave and connected mind set. The ability to travel throughout the Borough is essential and therefore a car driver would be preferable.
For Swindon to thrive in the future, we need to lay the foundations now. It’s why our regeneration and transformation programmes are already underway. So, you’ll be joining us at an exciting time on our journey. We’ll look to you to share your knowledge, influence decisions and drive real, positive change. With your contributions, we’ll achieve our vision of a prosperous, re-vitalised Swindon by 2030 together. And you’ll be proud to say it was made better with you.
- You will need to be a qualified Health Visitor (SCPHN), hold a current NMC registration with up to date revalidation.
- You will need to be pro-active and creative in engaging with children and families.
- You will be expected to evidence Continuous Professional Development and have a desire to progress and learn.
- You will understand the need for change and have a flexible, positive approach to work.
- You will be offered a tailored induction programme and full training.
- You must be able to travel throughout Swindon. Having access to a car would be preferable as you will work in a variety of settings to include the family home.
- You must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act “for the effective performance of a customer-facing role”).
Please see our Rewards and Benefits offer for more details.
As an employee, you will receive a diverse and exciting environment in which to work, encouraging creativity and innovation whilst recognising the need to support ongoing personal development and a flexible work life balance.
For Swindon to thrive in the future, we need to lay the foundations now. It’s why our regeneration and transformation programmes are already underway. So, you’ll be joining us at an exciting time on our journey. We’ll look to you to share your knowledge, influence decisions and drive real, positive change. With your contributions, we’ll achieve our vision of a prosperous, re-vitalised Swindon together. And you’ll be proud to say it was made better with you.
Please see our Vision and Values page for more details.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
For further information about the role, please contact Clare Harrington-Pye, Professional Lead for Health Visiting, email CHarrington-Pye@Swindon.gov.uk
All applications for this position are being handled through NHS Jobs. Please visit the NHS Jobs website for application details. NHS Ref No: F0065-24-0000