St Christopher’s C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and qualified SEN Teaching Assistant, to support a child with social, emotional and mental health needs we seek someone who:
• Has experience of/ is also willing to develop their knowledge through training, of working with children with SEMH needs.
• Is aware of strategies to de-escalate behaviour and support children to re-engage with learning.
• Is sensitive to the social and emotional needs for the child.
• Can establish good relationships with children whilst setting firm boundaries.
• Is able to identify children's strengths and targets to help build their development
• Is confident in working with students on a 1:1 basis, small group basis and assisting the class teachers where necessary
• Is able to work alongside outside agencies (including attending meetings) to support the learning and development of the child.
• Has good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with children, colleagues and parents/carers whilst upholding the ethos of the school.
• Is supportive and keen to work as a part of a dedicated team and to be involved in school life
• Will support and enhance the values of our school.
To apply for this post please either:
Go to the ODST website - at https://www.odst.org.uk/vacancies and click on ‘view current vacancies’ and then ‘search’ to find this vacancy.
Go to St Christopher’s CE School Website – at https://www.st-christophers.oxon.sch.uk/vacancies/ and download an application form from the About us / Vacancies page and email it to email@example.com
If you have any queries or require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Christopher’s CE Primary School and the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All safer recruitment checks are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.