Swindon Borough Council is currently looking for a Fire Safety Manager to join our successful and dynamic Building Services Team.
Working within the existing Building Services team, you will be responsible for the completion of Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Safety Inspections, Fire Safety Follow on works raised from the Fire Risk Assessments and the delivery of fire safety improvement works such as sprinklers both within our Housing, Corporate and Operational buildings.
As the Fire Safety Manager, we require you to have the following qualifications and experience:
• Construction or Social Housing experience essential,
• BSC/NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ6 in Occupational Health & Safety (+5-10years fulltime practical applications)
• Fire Risk Assessor (HTM-05, NEBOSH, IFE)
• Experienced qualified Trainer (PTLLS)
• Current driving licence
• Good working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act
• Experience of writing specifications for fire safety project work
• Experience of procuring fire safety construction work
• Experience of administrating fire safety project work
• Experience as a Lead Auditor
• Competent Risk Assessor (RAMS)
• Good working knowledge Passive and re-active fire protection
• Good Working knowledge of building construction, including non-traditional built properties
• Proficient policy writer and reviewer
• Knowledge of standing orders and procurement regulations
• IT literate with advanced excel capability (pivots/graphs/formulae etc.)
• Extensive experience of managing a small team of surveyors
• Extensive contractor management experience CDM/non-CDM and project management
• Experience in delivering presentations to senior management team.
• Ability to run training in relation to fire safety to both technical and non-technical staff
As part of your duties you will be asked to review the existing service delivery, with the aim to implement new strategies to ensure that Swindon Borough Council assets are maintained to a high standard within available resources.
You will also be asked to work with both residents, tenants, Councillors and the Health and Safety Executive both face to face and at meetings, reporting findings and delivering presentations in relation to Fire Safety.
You must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
In return you will receive:
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday
• A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• Purchase of annual leave
• Leisure and Legal Services discounts
• Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
If you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
View role profile