About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Traffic Management & Road Safety team working to balance the demands of current and future transport needs, delivering highways improvements and policies to ensure that we have an effective and efficient highway and transport network that supports Swindon’s economic growth.
If you are a self-motivated team player, looking to take the next step in developing your career and expand your skills in applying traffic management and road safety principles across a breadth of scenarios, this could be the role for you. You will be a member of a small team operating in a supportive and friendly working environment contributing to a wide range of projects, involving colleagues across the organisation.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Identifying and prioritising traffic management improvements in accordance with council policy and statutory requirements;
• Delivering schemes from beginning to end including design, co-ordination of projects, liaison with stakeholders and budget management;
• Being responsible for the collation, commissioning and disseminating of traffic surveys through an existing contract.
You will have experience working in a similar role with a minimum qualification to HNC level or compensatory experience. You should have a good knowledge of GIS mapping systems and design software and a strong desire to deliver a high level of customer service.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role); and must be able to travel throughout the Borough.
We feel a work life balance is important for our team members. In return for your skills we offer:
• Flexible working
• Minimum of 25 days holiday
• A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• Leisure Discounts / Legal Services discounts
• Eating Out, Shopping & Entertainment discounts.
If you feel your experience and/or ambition matches this exciting role, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information on this role, please contact Suzanne Coles, Traffic Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application please email email@example.com
View role profile