An exciting opportunity has developed within the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub in Swindon Borough Council for an Assistant Team Manager.
This is a full time, permanent position with great training and development opportunities.
Social Worker qualification essential.
Ideally, but not essential, as the Assistant Manager you will need to have MASH/ACP experience and training/management experience of the supervision of staff. The managerial role is non case holding and is in a dynamic environment where you'll be working alongside other partner agencies to help to identify risk, protective factors and inform decision making.
This is a fast paced team which requires a manager who is able to work to strict deadlines and make safe and robust decisions under pressure. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to deal with changing needs and requests at short notice. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to really broaden and develop their skill set and become part of a team committed to change and improving outcomes for children and their families in Swindon.
Our transformation journey
Like all other local authorities we are experiencing an increase in demand. As an organisation we know our Children’s Services have not been good enough in recent years which is why last year we started making big changes across the service to provide the best care for children and great conditions for our staff. This started with us recruiting an entirely new leadership team of experienced, forward thinking managers who are driving changes in the service and we aim to be one of the best Children’s Services in the country.
• Multi-million pound investment in staff and support
• Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams
• New intuitive IT system to cut down on desk time and make mobile working the norm
• A separate 'Children Looked After' team to make sure we provide the best service for children in care
• High standards for management practice, support and supervision for staff
• Listening to our social workers by holding regular social work forums.
At the heart of it all is our desire to promote and cultivate a strong learning culture combined with outstanding leadership and supervision. Here is what you can expect to find when you arrive:
• Early help and community health practitioners co-located with our social workers, providing great working relationships
• Fantastic relationships with partner agencies such as the police and Swindon CCG
• Teams located within communities, providing a closer connection to the people we work with.
Our new offer to you
We recognise that getting the best outcomes for our Children means getting the best from you and we have listened to what our Social Workers most value.
As a result, we are delighted to launch our revised offer, to include:
• £3000 “golden hello” payment after 1 years’ service
• Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years’ service and a further £2000 after 3 years’ service
• Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
• Competitive salaries
• Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
• A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years’ service
• Leisure and Legal Services discounts
• Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
• Flexible working
Your aspirations should be limitless and you will be as determined and passionate about Children’s Services as we are. As a local authority we will continuously drive forward improvements in our services and we want our Social Workers to be part of our transformation, contribute to improving the safeguarding of our children, and we will make sure you have the full support network and training to do it.
Our teams are ambitious and proactive and we are looking for people who will share that ambition and be a part of our journey.
Candidates must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
Our commitment to your development
We are dedicated to ensuring that you can progress your continued professional development and access training and learning opportunities linked to the BASW competencies for career progression.
Our Social Work & Leadership Academy has been created to celebrate the best in professional practice in Social Work and Social Care Leadership. The Academy represents an opportunity for Swindon Borough Council to demonstrate how we support, develop and value the professional disciplines in Social Work and Social Care through a targeted framework of career development and learning opportunities.
If you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application please email email@example.com
View role profile